Friday, July 30, 2010

Cake, Cake!

Last night I made a 9" round cake, 4 layers with raspberry mousse and vanilla buttercream completely from scratch in 1 hr 50 minutes.  I started the cake at 4:15 and put it in the display case at 6:05.  It's gotta be a record of some sort.  The fact that I was very, very angry over raw cake rounds could be behind the speed at which I accomplished it.

This morning's cake was done in a much more leisurely fashion.  I made this for a co-worker.

It's tons of fun to stick fingers in cakes on purpose.  :-)  The 'water' on the board I made by spraying food coloring on foil wrap then putting plastic wrap over it while it was still wet. 

Just a FYI wilton foodwriters don't work on gumpaste until it's completely dry. 
KD drawing the stripes on Spongebob's tube socks with a sharpie marker.

No comments:

Post a Comment