Monday, July 26, 2010

Dino Cake Day 1

I started making a 3D dino cake today.  It doesn't look like much yet but I have progress none the less.

What the cake should look like when it's done.


Getting the basic shape down.  The tail and legs are separate pieces right now.  Note the piece of carsboard in the middle to support the head.

Prepping for the fondant.  I think it looked better before I iced it.  One of the guys at work thinks its a bison :)

The spikes for the spine.  They are really purple the lighting in the bakeshop is really bad.

Just for fun.  well... maybe to show off a little too.

I also started working on a dessert submission today for the Shamrock Farms Dairy Fresh Chef contest.  I wasn't going to enter but I am caving in to the peer pressure and going for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment